Having looked for a business to purchase and develop, my business partner and I discovered Vo2, a bespoke web company. With a great team and exciting list of existing clients, but no marketing or sales function we embarked on a journey to improve and grow by investing in sales.
As often happens, success comes from a different place than where we initially plan. Rather than continue to grow in a stand-alone fashion, a new group of companies was formed, Vo2 Group, encompassing digital consultancy, IT services and 4 offices throughout the North Island of New Zealand.
In the context of the wider group, Vo2 was able to add increased value to a wider range of customers and stretch its technical wings further than websites.
- Significant increase in revenue
- Significant increase in productivity rates
- App development brought inhouse
- Design function brought inhouse
- New medium and large customers onboarded
- Retention of key customers through transition
- Leading a team is primarily about unleashing talent in a common direction
- Leading business indicators are of more practical use than trailing financial indicators
- Business success is directly related to the amount of time you spend with clients
- Treat both success and failure with the same levels of contempt, they are rarely a result of you alone
- Good strategy is validated when you find yourself in the right place at the right time